Electric kettles are a well-liked and practical way to boil water for foods like eggs, tea, coffee, and other beverages. They are a fantastic addition to any kitchen because they are quick, effective, and straightforward. But if you’ve never used an electric kettle, you might be unsure where to begin.
We’ll walk you through the process of using an electric kettle to make tea and boil eggs in this blog, along with advice on how to get the best cup of tea and perfectly cooked eggs.
How to use electric kettle to make tea?
Using an electric kettle to make tea is quick and simple.
The steps are as follows:
- Water the kettle. Lift the lid and add the necessary volume of water. Wait to fill it past the maximum fill line because it could overflow the water when it boils.
- Placing the kettle on its base and plugging it into an outlet will enable it to be turned on. Utilize the provided switch or button to turn on the kettle. Most electric kettles have an automatic shut-off function that turns the kettle off once the water boils.
- The electric kettle will turn off automatically once the water has boiled, so wait for the water to reach that point. Depending on how much water is in the kettle, this usually takes 2 to 3 minutes.
- Tea leaves or tea bags can be added to the water after the kettle has been turned off and the water has boiled. Use one tea bag or 1-2 teaspoons of loose tea for every cup of water.
- Steep the tea by placing a lid on the kettle and allowing it to steep for three to five minutes. Steep the tea for a bit longer if you like your tea strong.
- Remove the tea bags or leaves and pour the tea into a cup once it has steeped for the desired length. Add as much milk, sugar, or lemon as you like.
Making tea with an electric kettle is a quick and easy way to always have a hot cup. You can make the ideal cup of tea every time by adhering to these easy steps. Just be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions and safety precautions when using your electric kettle.
How to use electric kettle to boil Eggs?
Eggs can be boiled in electric kettles and used to brew tea.
The steps are as follows:
- Open the kettle’s lid and pour water inside until it reaches the level needed to cover the eggs. Then, wait to fill it past the maximum fill line to reduce the chance of the water overflowing.
- Placing the kettle on its base and plugging it into an outlet will enable it to be turned on. Utilise the provided switch or button to turn on the kettle. Await the water to reach a boil.
- Turn off the kettle after reaching a rolling boil, then carefully add the eggs to the water. To avoid the eggs cracking, take care to keep them in quickly.
- The eggs should steep in the hot water for 10 to 12 minutes for hard-boiled eggs or 5 to 6 minutes for soft-boiled eggs. Cover the kettle with a lid.
- Remove the eggs. Using a spoon or tongs, remove them from the water after the desired amount of time has passed since they began to steep. To stop them from continuing to cook, put them in a bowl of ice water.
- Peel the eggs after they have cooled, then eat them however you like.
When you need eggs for a recipe or snack, boiling them in a kettle is a practical and quick preparation method. Just adhere to the safety precautions and manufacturer’s instructions when using your electric kettle to prevent mishaps. With some practice, you can quickly boil eggs to your desired level of doneness in no time.
Also checkout our article on, How to Repair Electric Kettle - Step-By-Step Guide
Tips and Tricks for Getting the Most Out of Your Electric Kettle:
An electric kettle is a practical kitchen tool that can help you save time and energy.
The following advice will help you make the most of your electric kettle:
- Use the proper volume of water: When filling your electric kettle, it’s critical to use the proper volume of water. When water boils, too much water can cause it to overflow, and not enough water can cause the heating element to burn out. The maximum fill line on most electric kettles is the best instruction manual.
- Regularly clean your electric kettle: Minerals and other impurities may accumulate inside the kettle over time, affecting the water’s flavour or even causing a malfunction. Cleaning your kettle with a solution of water and vinegar regularly can help get rid of these impurities and keep your kettle functioning correctly.
- Use the appropriate temperature setting: Some electric kettles have a range of temperature settings for various tea, coffee, and beverage types. Your beverage’s best flavour and aroma can be enhanced using the proper temperature setting.
- Handle the kettle carefully: When in use, the kettle’s exterior can get hot, so it’s essential to take extra care. Always use the handle rather than the sides or lid to pick up the kettle.
- Properly store the electric kettle: When not in use, the kettle should be kept in a dry, relaxed environment. The cord can be harmed over time if wrapped around the kettle’s base.
- Beyond just heating water for tea, an electric kettle can be used for other purposes. Eggs can also be quickly and easily boiled using it.
- To prevent mishaps when boiling eggs in an electric kettle, it’s crucial to adhere to the manufacturer’s recommendations and safety measures.
- Use the right amount of water, keep your electric kettle clean frequently, use the correct temperature setting, handle it carefully, and store it properly to get the most out of it.
- Cleaning your kettle with vinegar and water can help eliminate contaminants and keep it functioning correctly.
- You can safely and efficiently use your kettle to make tea and boil eggs while taking advantage of its convenience and speed in the kitchen with some practice and the tips and tricks mentioned in this blog.
An electric kettle is a valuable and necessary kitchen appliance for boiling water for tea, coffee, and other beverages and burning eggs. Users can easily make the perfect cup of tea or cooked eggs every time by following the manufacturer’s instructions and safety precautions.
It is critical to use the correct amount of water, clean the electric kettle regularly, use the correct temperature setting, handle it carefully, and store it properly when not in use. Users can make the most of their electric kettle and enjoy its convenience by following these tips and tricks.