Hot water is frequently provided in homes by an instant geyser, a tankless water heater. In contrast to traditional water heaters, which store and heat a large amount of water, instant geysers heat water as it passes through the unit, providing hot water on demand.
While instant geysers are commonly used in kitchens and hand-wash areas, some may wonder if they can also be used in their bathrooms.
In this article, we will look at the suitability of instant geysers for bathroom use, their benefits and drawbacks, and find if instant geyser good for bathroom.
is instant geyser good for bathroom?
Yes, instant geysers are suitable for use in bathrooms. They provide a constant hot water supply on demand, making them a practical and energy-efficient choice for small bathrooms. They also save space because they can be mounted on walls, freeing up valuable floor space.
However, before purchasing an instant geyser for your bathroom, you should consider your specific needs and the limitations of these units. Because of their low water flow rate, instant geysers may not be suitable for larger families or filling large bathtubs.
They also have a higher initial cost than traditional water heaters, and installation requires professional assistance, which can increase the overall cost.
Furthermore, instant geysers can experience temperature fluctuations when multiple taps are used simultaneously. This can cause an abrupt drop in water pressure or temperature, which is inconvenient and uncomfortable. To avoid such problems, selecting a unit with sufficient flow rate and temperature control features is critical.
Advantages of Using Instant Geysers for Bathrooms:
- On-Demand Hot Water: One of the most significant advantages of using an instant geyser in the bathroom is the availability of hot water on demand. The instant geyser heats the water when the tap is turned on, providing a continuous hot water supply and eliminating the need to wait for the water to heat up.
- Energy Efficient: Instant geysers use less energy than traditional water heaters because they only heat what is needed rather than heating and storing large amounts of water. As a result, energy consumption is reduced, and electricity bills are reduced.
- Space Saving: Instant geysers are compact and can be mounted on walls, making them a space-saving option for small bathrooms.
- Cost-Effective: Because instant geysers are more energy-efficient, they can save you money on electricity bills in the long run. They are also less expensive to install because they require minor plumbing and installation.
- Long Lifespan: Because instant geysers do not store water, which can lead to corrosion and rust, they have a longer lifespan than traditional water heaters. An instant geyser can last up to 20 years if properly maintained.
- Temperature Control: Most instant geysers have temperature control features that allow users to adjust the water temperature to their liking. This feature keeps the water from becoming too hot or cold, making it more comfortable.
Disadvantages of Using Instant Geysers for Bathrooms:
- Limited Water Flow: One of the main disadvantages of instant geysers is their limited water flow rate. Because they heat water on demand, the flow rate may be inadequate for larger families or for filling large bathtubs.
- High Initial Cost: Although instant geysers are cost-effective in the long run, their initial cost is higher than traditional water heaters. They also necessitate professional installation, which raises the overall price.
- Temperature Fluctuations: When multiple taps are used simultaneously, instant geysers can experience temperature fluctuations. This can cause an abrupt drop in water pressure or temperature, which is inconvenient and uncomfortable.
- Overuse: Excessive use of an instant geyser can cause it to fail, necessitating costly repairs or replacements.
- Hard Water: Hard water can cause mineral buildup in the unit, reducing its lifespan and efficiency. To avoid this problem, regular maintenance is required.
- Electricity Dependence: Because instant geysers run on electricity, they can be inconvenient in areas with frequent power outages.
- Instant geysers provide hot water on demand and are energy-efficient, cost-effective, and space-saving options for small bathrooms.
- Because of their longer lifespan and temperature control features, instant geysers are more comfortable and convenient.
- However, instant geysers have a limited water flow rate, a high initial cost, and temperature fluctuations when multiple taps are used simultaneously.
- Overuse and hard water can also be problems, and instant geysers rely on electricity to operate, which can be a disadvantage in areas with frequent power outages.
- To determine whether an instant geyser is appropriate for your bathroom, consider your needs and limitations and select a unit with sufficient flow rate and temperature control features.
Instant geysers are a viable option for providing hot water in bathrooms, with numerous benefits such as energy efficiency, space savings, cost-effectiveness, and long lifespan. However, they have some drawbacks, such as limited water flow, higher initial costs, temperature fluctuations, and the need for regular maintenance to prevent mineral buildup.
Before installing an instant geyser in your bathroom, you should consider your specific needs and the limitations of these units. A thorough examination of the water flow rate, temperature control features, and available space in your bathroom can assist you in making an informed decision and avoiding future problems.
Instant geysers are convenient and energy-efficient for small bathrooms, but their suitability varies according to individual needs and circumstances. With careful research and consideration, you can select the best instant geyser for your bathroom needs and enjoy a constant hot water supply on demand.